10 Great Health Benefits of Evening Primrose Oil
- Evening Primrose oil is known to be beneficial for your hormonal health, skin, hair and bones. Our locally grown Primrose oil is very high in Essential fatty acids – which can provide the building blocks for cell membranes and a variety of hormone like substances.
- Evening Primrose oil has a high content of Essential Fatty acids. These cannot be made by the body so it is important to procure these through your diet. This oil is rich in Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids which play a crucial role in brain function, as well as growth and development.
- Evening Primrose oil has a very high Gamma Linoleic acid content which is best known for providing nutritional support for women with premenstrual syndrome, as well as joint health, heart health, hair, nails and skin. GLA has been known to keep the skin hydrated and be beneficial for certain skin conditions.
- Our cold, fresh pressed Evening Primrose oil has anti-inflammatory properties and has been known to soothe skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Evening Primrose is a vegetarian and vegan friendly source of Omega 3 fatty acids, which has environmental and ethical benefits, rather than procuring this nutrient through Fish oils. This oil is it is a rich natural source of omega-3 which comes from a renewable, sustainable source instead of taking fish from the oceans.
- Organic Evening Primrose oil is rich in B vitamins. This group of water-soluble vitamins may help women deal with the stress of menopausal symptoms.
- Externally, Evening Primrose oil has been known to be beneficial for the skin, and assist in various skin conditions due to its ability to help with redness, firmness and inflammation.
- Evening Primrose oil is also great to use as a hair mask and has been known to improve thinning hair and increase growth from the scalp. Essential fatty acids are found to be so effective in preventing hair breakage, because applying oil directly into the scalp helps to improve the strength of hair.
- Organic Evening Primrose oil has a massive healing nature and the presence of rich fatty acids in evening primrose helps to prevent the nails from cracking up.
- We have chosen an English grown source of Evening Primrose due to the high quality they produce, and believe it is the best quality for the taste of the oil which is highly important. The oil has a smooth, mellow, creamy, nutty flavour. This oil is freshly pressed, direct from the farm, and kept at the right temperature to avoid the oil from becoming rancidity
By Jade Ellis