Staying motivated can be a real challenge - it is not just something that comes to many of us. There are times where you probably feel like you can take on the world and often times where you literally just want to sleep for a lifetime. Often, all we really need is a little pick me up, but the question is, what? Motivational podcasts can often give you those words of encouragement that you need to keep going!
Whether you’re figuring out how to set better goals, working on becoming a better person, improving your productivity, or even looking for the words you need to start your business. Whatever area in your life you’re trying to improve, there’s a podcast out there that is going to resonate with you.
With the world becoming busier by the second, it can sometimes be hard to focus and read books, blogs and articles these days. But podcasts are different. For one, they are easily accessible - if you have a smartphone, tablet or computer you can access a podcast with next-to-no effort. Not to mention the fact that they are completely free to listen to - you don’t need to buy a book, a Kindle, or a newspaper subscription. Secondly, they're a great choice for so many situations—driving, cleaning, cooking, running and working! Podcast audio content gives listeners the ability to dive into topics without having to set aside time to read or watch a video. The audio content allows us as listeners to multitask! Lastly, if you are interested in the discussion, you tend to listen more intently and create images in your mind that can help you with your motivation.
Maintaining motivation is a valuable skill and one we need if we’re looking to turn our lives around, here are some podcasts we here at Fushi have found pretty good to help boost our wellbeing:
Fitness podcasts- a place where fitness professionals from various backgrounds share their personal stories and expertise. The best thing about these is that they are a low key way to take in great advice on your fitness journey.
- Diet starts tomorrow - A podcast all about navigating the health and fitness world with confidence and ignoring the stuff that doesn’t matter.
- Work, play, love - Founded by Jesse Thomas a triathlete and Iron Man competitor, and his wife Lauren Fleshman an author, marathon runner, and coach. This married couple knows a thing or two about balancing fitness with life.
- The Hurdle Podcast - This show takes a look at the inevitable factor of fitness, hence the name “ the hurdle podcast”. Everyone, even Olympians have experienced hurdles in their journey. They're inevitable so if you are feeling stuck in your fitness routine or feel unmotivated to pick up your routine again, this is the podcast for you!
It was only a matter of time before chefs, restaurateurs and general all-round foodies got in on the podcast action. From current food news to interviews with industry leaders, and even getting practical cooking tips, food podcasts can also take a deep dive into the science of food and its cultural history for general knowledge.
- The Splendid Table - Connecting people through the common language of food and eating the Splendid Table covers everything from the global appeal of sesame to the impact of Instagram on our everyday eating.
- The Sporkful - Made for eaters, not foodies,The Sporkful uses humor and humanity to approach food from many angles, including science, history, race, culture and economics.
- Monocle 24: The Menu - Serving up interviews with the world’s most creative chefs and introducing you to the makers behind the scenes as well as the ingredients that will soon be landing on your restaurant table. This is your guide to the world of food, drink and entertaining,
According to studies, accessing information via the human voice can generate activity in parts of the brain responsible for memory, sensory activity, and emotion meaning that podcasts are perfect for your health and well-being, brain, and spirit.
- Feel Better, Live More with Dr Rangan Chatterjee - “Health has become overcomplicated. I aim to simplify it” says Dr Rangan Chatterejee. This podcast features stories from leading health experts and exciting personalities who offer simple health life hacks, expert advice, and debunk common health myths, giving you the tools to revolutionise how you eat, sleep, move, and relax.
- The Wellness Mama Podcast - A series covering the health topics of real food, stress, sleep, fitness, toxins, natural living, and much more to give you actionable steps to improve your health.
- The Ultimate Health Podcast - Jesse and Marni also tackle a health topic they are passionate about during their Focus Friday episodes to help you take your health to the next level. Topics include lifestyle, nutrition, fitness, self-help, sleep, meditation, and spirituality.
A 2016 study Trusted Source found that listening to podcasts stimulates multiple areas of both
the left and right hemispheres of the brain. Learning excites your mind when you take in new information and as the saying goes, knowledge is power!
- Throughline - The show is NPR's first history podcast and one that aims to contextualize current events by exploring the historical events that contributed to them.
- You are not so smart - “A celebration of delusion.” You are not so smart is a lighthearted exploration of the ways we tend to think we've figured out how the world works. By listening to this podcast you’ll rediscover humility and reconnect with the community of mankind just trying to make sense of things the best we can.
- Stuff you should know - The podcast that talks about anything and everything. If you've ever wanted to know about champagne, satanism, LSD, El Nino, true crime and Rosa Parks, thenJosh and Chuck are the people you need to listen to.
Every now and then, it’s important to slow down, take a deep breath and unplug from the demands of everyday life. When you’re feeling increasingly stressed, why not plug into a podcast? Focus on the here, and now!
- The mindful podcast - Tune into your body and be mindful "Focusing one's awareness on the present moment, especially as part of a therapeutic or meditative technique." This podcast is all about "Focusing one's awareness on the present moment, especially as part of a therapeutic or meditative technique."
- Untangle - A wide collection of interviews with thoughtful, provocative and inspirational guests who share their true and heartfelt experiences related to mindfulness, brain health practices, leadership, life and so much more!
- Sleep and relax ASMR - A weekly podcast that creates audio experiences designed to help people sleep and relax. The show uses various ASMR triggers including whispers, gentle speaking, relaxing background noise, and general ambiance to help you unwind and relax.
Derived from the Sanskrit words ayur (life) and veda (science or knowledge) - ayurveda is the ancient healing tradition of India and translates to ‘Wisdom of Life’. It is a holistic approach to healing the body and mind naturally, maintaining balance and preventing disease.
- The Simple Ayurveda Podcast - Angela Perger is here to make ayurveda easy to understand, relatable and possible for you to apply into your modern day life. Allow her to help you become your healthiest, most vibrant self.
- LifeSpa: Ayurveda Meets Modern Science - Join Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP and guests as they explore a wide array of topics, blending the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda with modern science!
- Elements of Ayurveda - Colette is always curious and ready to learn, her one wish is to help people connect to their ‘true nature’, to Mother Nature and to each other. Listen as she shares the teachings of Ayurveda, Yoga and various holistic health topics.
Health influencer podcasts
Discover more health-based lifestyle tips with Fushi, we cover what’s trending, nutrition tips, natural beauty care and more.